Welcome to the new website for the Menomonie Area Soccer Association (MASA)!
MASA is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization that was founded in the 1990’s with the goal to expose young people to the game of soccer and to develop individual and team skills through practice, instruction, and games.
Due to COVID-19, our spring recreational and competitive seasons have been cancelled. Stay tuned for information about fall 2020 registration.
Dear MASA Soccer Community,
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, the MASA board and I had a *Special* meeting in lieu of our regular scheduled monthly board meeting on the status of the spring 2020 soccer season. During that meeting, in short, we decided to CANCEL MASA’s planned participation in spring training and play--mid-March through end of July--due to the many, ongoing logistical unknowns of the spring season, and the difficulties we have faced thus far in terms of regular seasonal soccer planning. (This cancelation includes ALL Recreational and Competitive soccer programming and activities.) Also, and most importantly, for the safety of our soccer community – players, opponents, MASA staff, coaches, referees, external trainers, team managers, families, and extended family members and friends. With what we do not know, today, and will most likely not know in the immediate future, the MASA board and I believe this is the best decision, overall, for the club. Our focus, now, is on August and the start of the 2020-2021 soccer season.
That said, MASA will:
• Issue a spring fee credit to all families that paid in full this past fall for the 2019-2020 recreational soccer season. (This credit will be automatically applied to the 2020-2021 recreational soccer season.)
• Issue a refund to all new recreational families who paid for the spring season only.
• Issues a refund to all competitive families who paid for the spring season. (As a reminder, competitive families pay for fall play and spring play separately.)
Note: Contact the MASA president to request exceptions to the proposed, as needed.
Further, in-between today and the end of July, the MASA board and I plan to focus on the following, as we are now hyperconcentrated on the beginning of the fall season (e.g., trainings, practices, matches, etc.) earlier than normal:
• Preparing a club contingency plan for future disruptions of programming/activities.
• Repairing our weathered fields and goals.
• Planning pre-season programming/activities for recreational and competitive players.
• Scheduling club-encouraged trainings for competitive players.
• Preparing for the Girls and Boys Competitive Training program for recreational players interested in playing competitive soccer.
• Scheduling competitive tryouts for the 2020-2021 season.
In this difficult time for all of us, it is important to keep faith in what comes tomorrow, especially if it involves something positive like soccer.
Take good care and keep in touch.
With the COVID-19 outbreak, the public board meeting has been cancelled and the board will be meeting virtually. Board minutes will be handled like normal after the meeting. Thank you for your understanding!
Our COVID-19 Update regarding our Soccer Association can be found below.
Ever wanted to know what the difference is between Recreational Soccer and Traveling Soccer? What time commitments are needed from your child, your family, and from the team? Click below to learn more!